Recalibration is the process of adjusting the existing MX or VISU printer profile to the color shift that this printer has gone through. This color shift can have various reasons:
- Changing environmental conditions
- Degrading print heads
- Differences in media quality
Recalibration will bring the profile back to its original ‘Golden State’
When to recalibrate
You need to recalibrate the printer profile in the following cases:
- When you notice a color shift in your print
- When the printer shifts in such a way that the prints are out of tolerance of the ISO specifications
How to recalibrate the printer profile
Proceed as follows:
- In Calibrator, select the profile you wish to re-calibrate.
- Click recalibrate PMM .
- Walk through the PMM settings and the quality criteria by clicking next.
- Print off the Iteration 1 Test chart.
- Measure the test chart.
- You can evaluate the re-calibration by the displayed average and maximum dE and dL values. The profile statistics (dE, dL, da and db) can be viewed.
- Finish to accept, or select Optimize to perform another iteration.
Delete the iterations you no longer wish to keep and finish the process leaving the best iteration.