User rights settings allow to control certain users access to various levels of functionality with the applications.
There are 3 types of operation defined:
- Basic (default) : One user setup; no restrictions.
- Multi-user : Multiple users; access rights defined for functionality in the cloud, on-premisis (desktop) no restrictios.
- Access control : Multiple users; access rights defined for all functionality (cloud & desktop).
Initial installations start using the Basic type; where the person registering the software is assigned both the Owner-role and Admin-role. The Owner will always have Admin rights but others can be given Admin rights too, there can only be 1 Owner.
Available from Version V6.6.0 onwards.
What levels exists
There are 4 levels of access rights.
- Admin – Change Configuration : This user is allowed to add and modify printers, cutters and do other important changes.
- Manager – Create and modify profiles : This user is allowed to create and modify PMMs and other typical color-guru stuff.
- Operator – Modify color- and queue settings : This user is allowed to modify queues and color-management settings (default profiles, etc).
- Operator – Tune profile and spot colors : This user is allowed to add/remove/modify spot colors and tune PMMs.
How to change rights
A. To enable user-rights for an account the owner of the account needs to:
- log into app.printfactory.cloud (Hub) and go to his/her profile menu at the bottom left of the screen > Account.
- Tick: “Access control” and then confirm by clicking “Update”.
B. To revoke or assign rights:
- In Hub, go to Users
- Click on the Wheel and select Details
- tick or untick certain levels of access based on user level above.
C. Apply the rights:
The third step is to launch Software Manager and click “Update”.
- Open Software Manager via Program Files\PrintFactory (Windows) ro Applications > PrintFactory (Mac)
- And select Update
This updates the license and invokes the access control functions on the desktop Software.
D. Finally, user needs to log in. This can be done via either: RIP, Editor, Layout and Calibrator Preference window. It opens Hub to Authenticate the user. The user stays ‘Logged in’ untill the “log off” button is clicked.