Map a CMYK color to a Custom Spot
In this example we need to make a specific tweak, we would like to make the red in the image 100% M + 100% Y. In order to map the spot, we will have to create the custom spot first. We will call it ‘Ruby Red’
Lets first look at the original PDF:
We have a CMYK red that will be defined by the ISO Coated v2 output target profile. Our color mapping will map the CMYK red to a custom 100% Y + 100% M spot color that will address the printer inks directly.
- Create the spot color:
- Go to the Color palette: Window -> Color
- select CMYK and input the desired values
- Drag the red color from the Color palette onto the Color List palette inside the ‘Document color list:’
- Double click the spot and rename it. The custom spot color is now created and can be mapped.
- To Map the custom spot to the image, follow steps in Case 1. from step 4 onwards.