Configure and calibrate
If you use a spectrophotometer with PrintFactory Calibrator, you need to configure and calibrate it on the PrintFactory computer. Configuring the spectrophotometer is necessary:
- When you use the spectrophotometer for the first time
- If the configuration changes.
To set up the spectrophotometer
Proceed as follows:
- In Microsoft Windows, make sure that the spectrophotometer driver is already installed on the PrintFactory computer.
- Do one of the following:
- Start PrintFactory Calibrator, select a queue and click Create printer profile.
- If you’re in PrintFactory RIP, select a queue and click the Go to Calibrator button in the main printer window.
- Click the Measuring tab.
- Select your Type of spectrophotometer and the Port to which it is connected.
- Click Calibrate Device.