How to copy an object
There are several ways to make copies of a selected object.
- Hold down the ALT key (Windows) or Option key (MacOS) while dragging the selected object. The cursor will change into a double cursor.
- Choose Edit > Copy. A copy of the selected objects will be stored on the clipboard. This enables you to paste the objects in this or another PrintFactory document (see Paste).
How to replace an object
You can replace an object by another object copied to your clipboard.
1. Copy an object.
2. This object is now stored on your clipboard.
3. Select the object you want to replace with the object on the clipboard.
4. Choose Edit > Replace and one of the following commands.
How to paste objects between two end points of a path
You can paste objects between two endpoints of an object. To do this, you have to define the following.
- Two endpoints in an object that is to be cut or copied
- Two endpoints in a target path where the object in the clipboard will be pasted in between.
- Select an object (or a group of objects) with two endpoints.
- Cut or copy the object(s) to the clipboard.
- Select an object (or a group of objects) with two endpoints where the object(s) from the clipboard should be pasted in between.
- Choose Extra > Paste to Fit.
- The Paste to Fit dialog is displayed.
- Optional: Select an option to rotate or mirror the pasted object and click OK.