About PrintFactory licensing
Licenses are linked to the computer hardware and software activations will require a valid activation code.
The computer on which you will register the software, does not have to be the computer running the software, but the licensed computer and the software running computer must be in the same network. However, typically you would install and register on the same machine.
To license your PrintFactory installation, you will need to:
- Receive your license voucher
- Create a support.aurelon.com user account
- Register your license
- Activate your license
Make sure to register yourself and your software on support.aurelon.com first to receive the necessary activation rights.
Detailed information about is given in the FAQ on faq.aurelon.com for instructions on registering and software activation.
All PrintFactory options are installed on the PrintFactory computer, but individual software options must be licensed to your site. You can verify the licensing of purchased options through PrintFactory RIP.
Do one of the following:
• In Microsoft Windows, choose Help > License Info.
• In the Mac OS, choose PrintFactory RIP > License Info.
The License Info has a Status code showing internal details about the license acquired:
License info – This shows detailed information about installed PrintFactory products, license type, which licenses are in use on which computers (IP addresses), number of licenses, the validated driver classes for the license and the status code of the license.
Options – This shows all installed options. You can install the license, add or remove options.
- Start PrintFactory RIP on the license server with an administrator account.
- Choose Help > License Info. The License Info window appears with all licensed options checked, which are currently installed.
- Activate/deactivate the checkbox(es) for the option(s).
- Click Activate. The Activate license window is displayed.
- Enter the registration code from your license voucher and click OK.
- Quit and restart PrintFactory RIP.
License Server is a program which allows you to use multiple PrintFactory programs on multiple computers in a network. It does so by distributing the licenses over your network.
Only one License Server can run in a network. If a second License Server is started, the first one will quit without warning (but this event will be logged on the Mac OS).
Do one of the following:
- In Microsoft Windows: Check Control Panel > Administrative tools >Services > PrintFactory License Server.
- On the Mac OS: check the Console Log.
Remove the following components from your System Library:
- System/Library/Application Support/PrintFactory/LicenseServer
Supported output devices for PrintFactory RIP are:
In Macintosh OS X, PrintFactory can detect the printer model and connection type on the local network for:
- Printers with USB connections
- Bonjour-compatible printers (Bonjour is the Apple technology formerly known as Rendezvous)
PrintFactory automatically configures Bonjour printers for processing jobs. PrintFactory opens the Printer Options dialog after installation, on detection of the first printer in a USB chain. To configure the found printer, do one of the
- Click Install for automatic configuration of a USB or Bonjour printer.
- Click Manual and follow the instructions in Configuring additional physical printers, starting with step 4.
The Zünd drivers with Zünd Cut Center integration in offer extensive functionalities:
- Automatic retrieval of the material list in ZCC, displayed in PrintFactory RIP
- Tool selection (cut, kiss cut, route, …) specified from within PrintFactory Editor
- Tool configuration from within PrintFactory Editor
- Allows for all the processes (cutting, creasing, perforation, etc.) to be done in one go.
You can configure additional licensed printers at any time after installing PrintFactory software. Proceed as follows:
- Start PrintFactory RIP.
- Choose File > Printer > New. The Printer Options dialog appears.
- Select a configuration method:
- Install, for the automatic configuration of a USB or Bonjour printer
- Manual, and proceed with step 4.
- Select the Printer Manufacturer and Model from the list.
- Specify the Connection settings:
- For USB connections, select a printer Port.
- For TCP/IP connections, enter the IP address of the printer.
- Choose ROOM queue and define a folder where the ripped files will be placed that need to be printed using PrintFactory Calibrator.
Network hardware sometimes prevents PrintFactory from communicating via a TCP/IP connection. If you cannot configure a supported printer, append the printer port to the IP address. Use the manufacturer-specific port number in the following table, and insert a colon (:) in between the IP address and the printer port number.
|Network Card Manufacturer||Printer Port|
6. Set your own printer name in the name input field:
This way you can easily identify your printers later on.
When you have multiple printers of the same brand and model, you have to name them differently. Otherwise the software will not allow you to add a printer.
7. Click OK. The Queue Options dialog appears. You now have to configure the queue for the printer.