To print a special color (e.g. white, varnish,…) only, without CMYK.
The best method to achieve this is to use the ‘Generate White’ tool in Editor to
generate an extra layer of Special Ink, and then remove the original CMYK/Print
layer leaving only the Special Ink layer.
Detailed steps on this process below:
- Open Editor and choose a PMM with a Special ink set (e.g. CMYK+W, CMYK+W+V)
- Go to File -> Open -> Choose your artwork
- Select ‘Generate White’ tool
- Select one of the options under White method and select the Special ink (Varnish/ White,..) in the drop down and select OK.
Detailed information on the various generation techniques can be found here
5) This generates an extra print layer in the Layers window: Window > Layers
6) You can now remove the existing Print Layers (Layer Options -> Remove Layer ) leaving you only with the Special ink layer for printing.