PrintAgent (PA) is a service that can be installed on Windows or Linux operating systems on the DFE of a printer or cutter. It functions as a local application, allowing remote RIPs to access local files on the DFE and spool files to the local hard drive without setting up sharing and access rights. PrintAgent feeds back to the RIP:
- Job status
- Copy count
- Ink and media consumption – depending on the printer
PrintAgent enables for the SwissQPrint drivers additional features: more info here
There is also a lightweight version of PrintAgent that is used for Job Status Tracking only.
Below is a list of printers and cutters that use PrintAgent
|Kornit||Required – Windows|
|Zund Cut Center||Optional for Job Tracking – Windows|
|SwissQPrint||Required – Windows|
|Durst Alpha||Optional – Linux Lightweight|
|HP FB1x000 Series||Required (when RIP is not on DFE) Windows|
|Inca||Required – Windows|
|Vutek||Optional – Linux Lightweight|
Download PA for Windows
Download PA for Linux
The process for Windows is fairly straightforward:
- Move the installer to the desktop of the Printer or Cutters Digital Front End. Make sure not to install PA on the RIP pc.
- Run the PA installer.
- Go to RIP, File -> Output device -> New and select the driver.
- Add the IP address of the printer/ cutter
- select the screen icon left of the and then browse to the folder you wish the output fils to go to.
- Copy the downloaded PrintAgent.py file on the Desktop directory of the Linux DFE.
Note: the installer will be automatically removed once installation is complete. Make copy if desired.
- Creat a PrintAgent directory at the home location (path would be .e.g /home/vutek01)
- Open Terminal app
cd Desktopand click enter
sudo python PrintAgent.pyand click Enter
Yes(to accept license) and click Enter
/home/vutek01/PrintAgentand click Enter
To change the settings it is easiest to uninstall the PrintAgent install PrintAgent again.