Océ have decided upon an architecture where the print and media settings are stored in the printer profile. Consequently, any changes to these settings require changing the pmm. This document describes how media and print settings are changed once the pmm is built.
How to change print and media settings:
- open Calibrator and Select the built pmm in Mode
- edit pmm (pencil icon)
- step Back step back through the pmm till the settings and amend settings (click yes when message appears: ‘Do you want to restart the Linearization Measurement Session?’ and yes again re ‘Linear data will be lost’ => no data is lost and linear does not need to be restarted in this case.)
- press Save again and wait till message ‘Creating and setting printer profile successfully’ appears.
- NOTE: these changes will be saved in all modi under this media. If this is not desired, then a new media needs to be created for this particular mode.
- Winding tension (tension bar setting)
- Automatic media jogging
- Moist protection/sensitivity
- Suitable for printer cutter
- Manual loading
- Outer core diameter
- Media Thickness.
Note: there is no need to reRIP the job as the ripped file does not include the print mode settings.