This document is not meant as a user guide but as a help for Support in case an installation also contains a Zünd with GTK.
there are a couple of programs that could be used to cut/produce on a Zund.
The newer versions Zünd G3 most of the time use ZCC (Zünd Cut Center) expected is a version 1.5.1 or higher.
The other Zünd’s can use for example OptiScout or GTK.
Common versions are 2.04 and 2.05.
updates can be found on http://www.grafitroniks.fr/version/
The following versions are required for proper operation:
- Version 2.04 : Release 45 or higher
- Version 2.05 : Release 49 or higher
Version 2.05 is an upgrade of 2.04. To get an upgrade contact the GTK dealer that sold the installation.
Please download a complete version not an update if needed. deinstall old and install new after backup.
Backup info below.
After installation normally a customer normally will find two components. With our support license there are three.
- Support GTK Cut v2.0x
- GTK Cut v2.0x
- Touch and Cut v2.0x
Support GTK Cut v2.0x is always available
Depending on the license the second program is GTK Cut v2.0x, the advanced version. or Though and Cut v2.0x the light version.
Support GTK Cut opens a folder containing a couple of programs. Most of them will not be explained and should not be needed to change.
- Contact information: kind of about box
- Online update: Program to update/ upgrade your license.
- Test Plotter: small program to test if the communication between GTK and plotter is ok.
- hardware key: program checking the hardware key. Reads the keynumber and content
- Language: setup of the language of the program.
- Import certificate: no futher explanation
- Test video: to test the camera option on the Zund
- Default Units: to change from mm to inch, from degrees to radians etc.
- Default settings: This part will be explained in more detail.
Before making any changes click on “Configuration file” edit, “Grafitroniks data directory” open and BACKUP the complete content. By putting back the content all old settings are restored.
- Default plotter. – this should be ok but this is the plotter type for instants the “G3 XL1600.xfg”
- Default com. – this should be ok communication settings
- Default camera – this should be ok camera setup.
- Default view – By changing the Origin view from left to right rotate the axis. My preference is right. Camera view could be distorted because of screen resolution and there for switched. Should be ok.
- Default ZCC server. – this should be ok normally we do not use a combination of GTK and ZCC but GTK or ZCC. Use ZCC driver if possible
- Default mosaic server – this should be ok. Nesting server setup
- Configuration file:
- Most important is to use “Grafitroniks data directory” open to BACKUP all settings. Just copy them to a safe place.
- Al configuration files should be ok if not contact Grafitroniks.
- Grafitroniks Plugin Config contains a scale. It should not be necessary to change it because our i-script contains unit information. But if scaling is incorrect ( most likely the GTK version is wrong ) you could set the scale.
Simple program to direct files, that arrive into a hot folder, to the Zund plotter. Simple setup can be done like hot folder, Material, Tool and a layer to tool conversion. No further explanation needed. If needed ask customer or Grafitroniks
The software can contain some extra functions or less functionality as your support version. It’s depending on the license. Questions about the license can be asked at Grafitroniks.
To be sure all Program data is backuped.
For version 2.05 : Just make a full copy of “C:\ProgramData\Grafitroniks\GtkCut205\” This way old templates etc will be save.
For version 2.04 : Just make a full copy of “C:\ProgramFiles\Grafitroniks\GtkCut204\” This way old templates etc will be save.
File\Open\ opens a dialog to choose the desired iCut file. After choosing a file another dialog appears to choose a template. The template contains all default settings and new templates can be added. Definition of layers/tools etc. can be setup.
File\Open\ opens a dialog. Take your barcode scanner and read the barcode. The job is automatically selected in the dialog.
You can just create a new file in GTK Cut 2.0x add the needed Layers/tools and, depending on the version, save the file into “C:\ProgramFiles\Grafitroniks\GtkCut204\Templates\” or “C:\ProgramData\Grafitroniks\GtkCut205\Templates\”. Instead of changing the existing templates you better create a new set “Production Suite” templates.
Normally all settings done in “Configure Plotter” are correct. We will only concentrate on explaining the Profiles and the Tools Tab.
If you what to create a new profile it’s better to copy an existing one and make the needed changes. This because not only the settings if the Profile tab are save but also settings from the other tabs like “The Production” tab the Before and after sequence etc.
All in the document available tools ( see Tools tab ) can be activated or Disactivated.
Activate will only show those tools defined in the Tools tab, not all possible Zund tools.
But the tools not needed, can be skipped in the profile. Most of the time it will be a subset of 2 or 3 tools that can be available in the Zund at one time without having to change the tool head. So even if the customer has 10 possible tools with the Zund the profile will only have the tools that are used for that kind of job.
Every active tool can be connected to a Layer
In a job more layers can be used to define the contours of one tool. To prevent that a job first should be altered before ik can be produced there is the possibility to activate more layers to one tool. Every activated tool can be connected multiple layers by typing a sequence like 3,2,4 or 1..4 followed by an < Enter >. 3,2,4 also defines that layer 3 should be produced before 2 and 4 as last.
Sometimes you would like to produce a layer twice. As example first to dash the contours and second to rill it etc. This can simply be done by having two Tools activated that have the same Layer number.
The tool tab will not be explained except that it can be used to define the available tools, its tool settings and the color that’s is used in the preview for that tool.
All specific tool settings are depending on the material used etc. Normally the operator knows a lot about these settings.
Defined tools can be activated in the Profiles tab.
Good to know when a value is entered into an edit field please change apply it by pressing the < Enter > key
The registration points/ iCut marks can be set manually and/or automatically in our software but if needed they also can be added in the GTK software. This can be done by using the tool. Be sure you place them into the “Register” layer.
It’s possible to place the marks in any layer but they only will be used in that layer. So if, by accident there is only on mark in a layer. only that one mark is used to calculate skewing and rotation. Normally at least 3 markers ( Not on one line ) are needed to be able to calculate the skewing and rotation in 2D.
- Cutting an almost square rectangle. Placing the job rotated on the table and not using barcode.
- Registration marks in wrong layers.
- Wrong file used for this print job. Most of the time cutting jobs are almost similar. When a barcode is not used but job is manually selected there it could be the wrong job.