In the RIP component of PrintFactory, you can set up your printers and cutting devices. Every output device is represented by a separate window displayed on the main page. For performance reasons, we recommend no more than three printers per RIP instance.
How to set up a new printer
- Start PrintFactory RIP.
- On the File menu, point to Printer and select New.
The Properties dialog box is displayed.
- Enter a Name for the printer.
(The name helps you to easily identify the printer later on, especially if you have two or more printers of the same model.)
- Select the Printer Manufacturer and Model from the drop-down list.
- Define the Connection settings:
- For USB connections, select a printer Port.
- For TCP/IP connections, enter the IP address of the printer.
- Instead of driving the printer directly from the RIP, you can alternatively choose a ROOM Queue folder (Rip Once Output More), where the ripped files will be placed, and then define the number of copies, nesting, positioning and so on in PrintFactory PrintStation.
- Click OK to confirm your choice.
The printer is displayed in the main view.