Welcome to PrintFactory’s developer pages.
PrintFactory offers two software development kits: Job Automation and Printer drivers.
The Job Automation development kit lets you connect external applications to PrintFactory, automatically submit jobs and get feedback on the progress and usage.
The software development kit comprises:
- API Documentation : API specifications that let you control the processes.
- Job XML format : definitions of the PrintFactory job structure.
- Nest XML format : definitions of the PrintFactory nest result.
- Authentication : authenticate your application with PrintFactory.
- Notification : event messaging using WebSockets.
- Examples : example jobs and an example API client.
The Printer Driver development kit lets you write your own printer driver for use with PrintFactory. These drivers can also be submitted for wider distribution after we’ve validated them. This development kit comprises:
- API Documentation : API specifications of the PrintFactory driver connection.
- Concept : an explanation of our driver connections.
- UI XML format : definitions of the cross-platform UI format.
- META2 format : definitions of our internal format for storing print and cut jobs.