You can define a color with the Color panel or you can select a predefined color from the Color List.
- Drag-and-drop a color from the Color List directly onto a specific object to apply the color.
- Drag-and-drop a color from the Color List onto the Fill or Stroke box on the Color panel to apply the color to the currently selected objects.
- On the Color panel, you can create a color in uncalibrated CMYK, RGB, and HLS. The Color panel also supports calibrated colors. Monitor RGB and CIELab are available by default. The monitor RGB is taken from the selected ColorSync™ system profile:
By moving the sliders you can mix any color you want. You can also enter specific color values into the boxes:
How to use a calibrated color space
- Select Device Space from the color space drop-down list.
The color space of the PMM selected in the Quick Production bar is used.
How to select a color using the color picker
If you select RGB from the color space drop-down list, you can access the Apple Color Picker.
1. Click Picker just below the color sliders.
The default Apple Color Picker appears.
2. Using the color picker, compose a color.
The values you enter here will automatically be used in PrintFactory. The exact values can be translated to all other color spaces available in PrintFactory.
3. Click OK to add the color.
How to select a color using the Color List
You can use the Color List panel for the following purposes:
- To manage frequently used colors or colors which are specially mixed.
- To select a color from a color library.
Adding / removing a color
- To add a color, drag it from the Color / Fill / Stroke panel to the Color List.
Select a color in a color library and click the plus (+) button.
- To remove a color, select a color from the Color List and click the minus (–) button.
How to find a specific color
- Browse through the color libraries available via the Color List (type the name or part of the name into the text box).
How to create a custom color library—how to define the default library
The selection of colors in the Color List can be saved as a custom color library. Thus, you can create sets of colors that can be quickly retrieved for specific jobs.
- Add colors to the document color list by dragging or selecting them from an existing library.
- Click the menu button and select Save.
A ‘Save As’ dialog is displayed.
- Enter a name or save your color library as Default library.
If you name it Default, PrintFactory will use the colors in this library the next time it is started.