The PrintFactory Uploader has two functions:
- Uploading files to the cloud from the desktop directly to a nest group using simple drag and drop.
- Creating cloud upload hotfolders which enable:
- Files to be added to a hotfolder and uploaded in the background
- Files to be added to a hotfolder but only the metadata about the file be uploaded
- XML to be added to a hotfolder and the files contained in the job list to be uploaded
- XML to be added to a hotfolder but only the metadata about the file be uploaded
- Job Estimates to be uploaded to the cloud by setting the Estimate tag (see estimates for further info) in the XML
- To use the cloud uploader you must have a valid Automation License with access to Cloud Automation.
- You should have already setup a Nest Group in the cloud and this should be accessible by the Uploader.
- you should have downloaded the Uploader application for Mac or PC and installed it.
Click on the settings menu item in the Uploader application
You have two options:
This allows you to define the account that the Uploader should be associated with.
You will find the MIS Key (required) in your personal settings:
Upload Images to the cloud
This allows you to define if the files are sent up to the cloud or just the imposition info related to each file. By selecting this option all files are kept local and a link (placeholder) is added to the XML so that when the nested files are delivered to the RIP it knows where to go to find the actual assets.
Open at Login
Ensures the Uploader Application is available from startup.
Shows all upload activity and can be used to troubleshoot upload issues.
Here you can define which local hotfolders are enabled for cloud upload. These hotfolders are completely separate to the Queue hotfolders found in the RIP.
You can keep adding hotfolders with different variables – see below.
For each hotfolder you can define different workflow settings:
- Name – the name of the hotfolder
- Path – where on the local computer the hotfolder is located
- Nest Group – the nest group that this hotfolder will send jobs to. Nest Groups are configured in the Cloud Automation module.
- Timeout – the time to wait before the files are transmitted to the cloud – useful if you are sending the actual files to the cloud (not just XML) so you can be sure they have finished copying to the hotfolder if the file size is large)
You can also define a custom XSLT template using the XSLT tab – this is discussed more in the developer site under Automation.
1. Uploading Files to the cloud from the desktop
Once everything is setup and you see a green light and have selected the correct nest group you can start to upload files:
Simply drag and drop the files you want to upload onto the uploader and they will start to process.
- A blue bar means upload in progress
- A green bar means upload complete
- A red bar means upload error
Once uploaded you can delete them from the uploader list – this will not affect the status in the cloud.
Once everything is setup and you see a green light and have selected the correct nest group you can start to upload files using hotfolders. Simply place the files in the hotfolder relating to the Nest Group you want to use or drop the XML in containing valid links to the files. You will see the progress of the upload in the upload window as above.