About certifying jobs
Certifying jobs means that you check whether the proof’s colors are up to ISO or custom standards. The process goes as follows:
Proceed as follows:
1. If necessary, double-click a queue in the Output to pane and make sure that your queue has the components necessary for certifying jobs:
2. Check whether the queue is not set for nesting jobs: it should not have the nesting icon. If so, click the queue and choose File > Queue > Nest to clear the nesting setting.
Jobs processed by queues set for nesting cannot be certified.
3. Add the job which you want to certify to the queue.
4. In the Processed jobs list, locate and select the job.
5. Choose File > Certify Job.
6. Measure the control strip with a spectrophotometer and click Next.
7. Do one of the following:
• Select a standard from the list.
• Click New set, and create your own set of custom tolerances.
PrintFactory evaluates data for certification with reference to the technology of the target press. To achieve certification, proofs must be within tolerances set by ISO 12647 for the selected printing technology.
8. Compare the results and click Next.
PrintFactory displays the color difference for each of the test patches, highlighting in red any test patches for which the color difference (delta E) exceeds the tolerances allowed by the selected standard.
9. Determine whether the proof passes certification and, if not, take the necessary corrective measures.
10. Do one of the following:
• To create a detailed report in PDF format, click Report and then save the report.
• To create a summary of the report on a label, click Print.